Walnuts, hazelnuts, chestnuts ... they are all delicacies brought from autumn, so why not take advantage of them to prepare delicious cakes and sweets? As for walnuts, we have already told you about Ugly but good, today we will deal with hazelnut-based sweets in fact there are many recipes based on hazelnuts, in the past we have explained to you how to make Nutella at home with authentic ones hazelnutsand how to prepare the much loved “Ferrero Rocher“.
Before moving on torecipe of hazelnut cake, some hints on this indehiscent fruit.Properties of hazelnuts:
Thehazelnutsthey are oil seeds, particularly rich in fatty acids:omega 3 and omega 6unfortunately it is a food rich in lipids, therefore to be consumed with caution, not suitable for those suffering from hypercholesterolemia.
Hazelnuts contain a high content of vitamins, such as E, B6, folate and thiamine. There is a fair amount of mineral salts with copper, iron, manganese and calcium.
Hazelnut cake, recipe
- 200 grams of white flour type 00
- 100 grams of butter
- 200 grams of raw sugar
- 200 grams of hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole eggs
- a sachet of baking powder for cakes
- powdered sugar
- breadcrumbs to sprinkle the pan
- Toast the hazelnuts in the oven at 120 ° C for 6 - 7 minutes
- With a food processor, chop the hazelnuts coarsely
- In a bowl, place the eggs and add the yeast and beat with a whisk, add the flour and mix everything, always helping with a manual whisk.
- The bowl should be large enough to allow the addition of softened butter at room temperature, oil and sugar. Turn with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the chopped hazelnuts while continuing to mix until the mixture is uniform.
- Grease and sprinkle a pan of 18 - 20 cm in diameter with breadcrumbs, pour in the dough and place it in an oven preheated to 180 - 200 degrees.
- Cook thehazelnut cakefor 20 - 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan when the cake is cold and sprinkle it with powdered sugar.
You might also be interested in Homemade Valentine's Day Cake