We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
For the care of sinusitis,in addition to pharmaceutical therapy, we can resort to natural remedies which often prove to be very effective. In this regard, here are some valid suggestions in the care of sinusitis. ATTENTION: these suggestions must in no way replace the opinion of the treating physician or other health specialists in the sector.
Sinusitis, natural therapies
- Steam therapy: it is a very ancient but effective method, it consists of inhaling steam from a basin with boiling water. It is enough to approach with the head covered by a towel to inhale the vapors.
- Hot pack: it consists in making a hot pack with a clean cloth, to be wrapped on the head, soaked in a tea of essential pine and eucalyptus oils,
- Toilets and showers: As soon as you wake up, take a hot shower: the morning is the most critical time for sinusitis. In the evening, before going to bed, it is good to take a warm bath with a few drops of essential oils of lavender and juniper berries: lavender has anti-inflammatory properties, while juniper berries help reduce excess mucus
Sinusitis, herbal teas
- Dandelion root: herbal teas made with dandelion root and licorice are indicated for the elimination of toxins, while the decoction of horehound, hyssop and tussilage is excellent for thinning mucus.
- Apple cider vinegar: can bring relief to the sinuses. It is sufficient to drink a solution of ½ cup of apple cider vinegar in about 2 liters of water. You have to drink it throughout the day and repeat the treatment for several days.
- English ivy: effective herbal tea to relieve inflammation of the throat due to sinusitis.
Sinusitis, useful tips
To make the course of the disease faster, what to avoid?
- Very dry environments
- The smoke
- The sudden changes in temperature
- The cold temperatures
- Swallow the muchi.
What to do?
- Nasal washes with physiological solution
- Get a room humidifier
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially hot ones
- Cover your nose and throat before leaving the house.